In one way or another, ANZ New Zealand touches the lives of almost every New Zealander.
Through some of New Zealand's best known financial brands, including ANZ, OnePath, UDC Finance, Bonus Bonds and Direct Broking, we enjoy remarkable scale, diversity, resources and influence. We also have global reach as a member of the ANZ group of companies.
ANZ is currently one of New Zealand's largest companies based on profit and assets. With that scale comes responsibility, and we take that responsibility seriously.
From individuals and families, to the farms and small businesses that are the lifeblood of our economy, to our largest institutions and corporations, we play a key part in helping New Zealanders achieve their financial aspirations.
Our breadth and diversity is reflected in our people. We employ around 9,000 people throughout New Zealand. They come from a wide range of backgrounds, skills and specialisations and we value the richness that diversity brings to our business.
We offer unparalleled career opportunities within our different brands or as part of our central services, which includes IT, Risk Management and Marketing Strategy.
We take our commitment to corporate responsibility very seriously. We believe applying sustainable business practices will help us deliver better outcomes for our customers, our staff, the environment and the communities in which we live and work. Through initiatives such as our volunteering programme and our Staff Foundation, we take pride in making a major contribution to the communities we serve.
Some other facts about us
- Nearly one in two New Zealanders have a banking relationship with one of our brands
- ANZ finances over 30% of all home loans in New Zealand
- ANZ accounts for around 1% of New Zealand's Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
- Our people provided over 16,000 volunteer hours for a range of community organisations in our last financial year
- Our sponsorship of Daffodil Day is one of New Zealand's longest-running sponsorships
- Since 1990, staff fundraising has generated over $13 million for The Cancer Society
- We are New Zealand's largest rural banker, with a market share of 39%
- Nearly 20% of all employees in the New Zealand finance and insurance sector work for us.