When you purchase Bonus Bonds, your money is pooled with other investors’ money and invested. Instead of earning interest or receiving investment gains, each eligible Bonus Bond you hold gives you one entry into the monthly prize draw.
A $1 MILLION grand prize is paid to one winning bondholder each month along with one prize of $100,000, one prize of $50,000 plus multiple prizes of $5,000, $500, $100, $50 and $20.
The mix of major prizes in a month may vary however the minimum number of major prizes will be as per the prize structure above.
Other key facts
- When you buy a Bonus Bond you invest in a managed investment scheme.
- Each Bonus Bond costs $1. You must invest a minimum amount of $20 each time.
- We expect that the chance of any Bonus Bond winning a prize will range between 1 in 20,000 to 1 in 35,000. The governing document requires us to manage the prize pool so that your chances of winning a prize are no better than 1 in 9,600.
- You don’t have to declare any prizes you win for income tax purposes.
- A Bonus Bond is only eligible to be included in the prize draw after you have owned it for at least one calendar month. For example, if you buy a Bonus Bond in March, that Bonus Bond won’t be in the monthly prize draw in April, but it will be in any monthly prize draws from the first day of May onwards. A Bonus Bond remains eligible to win prizes in every monthly draw until you cash it in.
- ANZ Investment Services (New Zealand) Limited is the manager and issuer of the Bonus Bonds Scheme. Trustees Executors Limited is the supervisor and custodian.
- Investments in Bonus Bonds are subject to investment risk. You should consider whether the degree of uncertainty about the scheme’s future performance and returns is suitable for you.
See the scheme’s product disclosure statement, available at bonusbonds.co.nz or at any ANZ branch, for further information about Bonus Bonds.
Bonus Bonds are units in the Bonus Bonds Scheme (‘Scheme’) and are not deposits or other liabilities of ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited ('ANZ') or Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited, or their subsidiaries ( together the ‘ANZ Group’). ANZ Group does not stand behind or guarantee the Scheme. Investments are subject to investment risk, including possible delays in repayment, and loss of income and principal invested. ANZ Group will not be liable to you for the capital value or performance of your investment. ANZ Investment Services (New Zealand) Limited is the manager and issuer of the scheme. A copy of the product disclosure statement is available at www.bonusbonds.co.nz, or at any ANZ branch.