When your life's busy with study and all its commitments, wouldn't it be great to know your finances are under control?
ANZ offers a special tertiary package to all customers who are currently:
- studying at a government recognised tertiary institution
- completing a New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) approved course with a minimum duration of one year
- studying for a NZQA qualification relating to your work with a minimum duration of one year.
Find out what the ANZ Tertiary Plus Package can offer you:
The ANZ Tertiary Plus Package is available to students who are permanent residents of New Zealand and are studying full or part-time at a recognised New Zealand tertiary institution or NZQA accredited course with a minimum duration of one year.
Students must be aged 18 or over to be eligible for a credit card or any lending under the ANZ Tertiary Plus Package.
You can also apply for an ANZ Overdraft. This product is ideal to help you bridge a gap between paydays or for unforeseen expenses.
How it works
The ANZ Tertiary Plus Package Overdraft allows students to apply for an interest free overdraft of up to $2,000, while you are studying. A Monthly Overdraft Management fee of $3 applies.
If your application for an overdraft is approved, you can access your additional funds via all banking channels including:
- ANZ EFTPOS Card
- ANZ Phone Banking**
- ANZ Internet Banking**
- ANZ Branches
- ANZ Mobile Phone Banking**
To be able to apply for an ANZ Tertiary Plus Package Overdraft, you must:
- be 18 years or older
- have all regular incomes direct credited to your account (e.g. Government Student Allowance, loan entitlement, wages etc)
- have a good credit or savings history
- be a permanent New Zealand resident.
Your ANZ Freedom account can help make life a little easier while you are still studying.
Non-standard fees (including fees for using non-ANZ ATMs) may apply.
A choice of Savings accounts to meet your needs - whatever your savings goals.
0800 269 296.
To apply for an ANZ Tertiary Plus Package you will need to supply supporting documents.
- We’ll need proof you are enrolled in a full or part-time course for a minimum duration of one year at a tertiary institution and/or in a New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) approved course and/or for a NZQA qualification relating to your work. For example, this could be a copy of your fees receipt, proof of pre-enrolment or letter of acceptance.
- We’ll need a copy of your student allowance or student loan entitlement letter (if applicable).
- We’ll also need proof of any other income you earn, for example payslips for part-time work.
New ANZ customers
If you're a new ANZ customer, you will also need one of the following:
- documents confirming your identity. Examples of acceptable forms of identification can be found at anz.co.nz/id or any ANZ branch
- a piece of mail addressed to your residential address from the last three months. Examples of acceptable forms of address verification can be found at anz.co.nz/id or any ANZ branch.
After you apply
If we approve your application, you must direct credit any income that you receive into your ANZ Freedom account. This can include your Government Student Allowance, student loan or part-time wages.
After your fourth year of study you'll need to reapply to extend your entitlement to the ANZ Tertiary Plus Package by 31 March every year you continue to study.
If you're nearing the end of your studies or you have completed your course of study our ANZ Graduate Plus Package may interest you.
You have the ability to apply for an ANZ Personal Loan if you are studying on a full or part time basis at a tertiary institution and/or completing a New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) approved course and/or studying for a NZQA qualification relating to your work.
You pay the current ANZ Personal Loan fixed interest rate.
- The $150 Loan Top-Up fee will be waived if you want to increase your loan amount.
How to apply
For more information or to apply for an ANZ Tertiary Plus Package:
* Must be 16 years or over to apply for an ANZ Visa Debit card.
**Registration is required for ANZ Phone Banking, Mobile Phone Banking and Internet Banking. Telephone, mobile operator and internet service provider charges may apply to these services.
ANZ lending criteria apply to overdrafts, loans and credit cards and overdraft management fees apply to overdrafts. Full details of terms, conditions and fees, together with current interest rates, may be obtained from any ANZ branch.
A copy of our Reserve Bank Disclosure Statement is available on this website or on request from any ANZ branch, free of charge. This material is for information purposes only. Its content is intended to be of a general nature, does not take into account your financial situation or goals, and is not a personalised financial adviser service under the Financial Advisers Act 2008. It is recommended you seek advice from a financial adviser which takes into account your individual circumstances before you acquire a financial product. If you wish to consult one of ANZ's financial advisers, please contact us on 0800 269 296.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.