Jumpstart is ideal if you're under 21 or if you're studying full-time (including international students). Here's why:
- No monthly account fee and no transaction fees.*
- You can bank on the go with ANZ goMoney, ANZ Internet Banking and ANZ Phone Banking.**
- When you turn 16 you can get an ANZ Visa Debit card linked to your Jumpstart account with no annual card fee.
- Add some personality to your card with MyPhoto – our free card designer.
Enjoy the convenience of contactless and mobile payments – simply tap your Visa Debit card on a contactless terminal, or add your card to Apple Pay+ or goMoney Wallet++ on your compatible device and use it anywhere you can tap and pay.
After you've turned 18 you can apply for:^#
- An interest-free overdraft of up to $2,000 (a $3 Monthly Overdraft Management fee applies)~.
- Any ANZ Credit Card.
- Plus, if you are studying full-time you can get a one year annual card fee waiver on any new ANZ Credit Card (limit one per customer).
- An ANZ Personal Loan of $1,000 or more.
- Plus, if you are studying full-time you’ll pay no application fee (saving you $250) and no top-up fees (saving you $150 for each top-up).
Over 21 and studying? You'll just need to provide us with proof you are studying full-time so you can enjoy the benefits of Jumpstart until you finish.
Setting up a child's account
Find out more about setting up an account for a child.
For more information or to apply for the ANZ Jumpstart account:
If you're 21 or over and applying for Jumpstart, or applying for lending benefits only available to tertiary students, you must be enrolled at and provide proof of full time study at a government recognised tertiary institution or a NZQA approved language school. When applying for lending benefits you must have a minimum of 6 months remaining on your course.
* Non-standard fees (including fees for using non-ANZ ATMs) may apply.
** Registration is required for ANZ goMoney, ANZ Internet Banking and ANZ Phone Banking. Telephone, mobile operator and internet service provider charges may apply to these services. Eligibility criteria and terms and conditions apply.
# ANZ lending and eligibility criteria, terms, conditions and fees apply to all credit cards, personal loans and overdrafts.
~ Student allowance/government loan and/or other income must be direct credited to an ANZ account.
^International students are only eligible to apply for an ANZ Credit Card.
+ Terms and conditions apply to Apple Pay, see our Apple Pay website for more information. Apple Pay is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S and other countries.
++ Android™ and Google Play are registered trademarks of Google Inc. ANZ goMoney Wallet eligibility criteria, terms and conditions apply. ANZ goMoney Wallet is available on selected Android smartphones. See our goMoney Wallet website for more information.
A copy of our Reserve Bank Disclosure Statement is available at anz.co.nz or on request from any ANZ branch, free of charge. This material is for information purposes only. Its content is intended to be of a general nature, does not take into account your financial situation or goals, and is not a personalised financial adviser service under the Financial Advisers Act 2008. It is recommended you seek advice from a financial adviser which takes into account your individual circumstances before you acquire a financial product. If you wish to consult one of ANZ's financial advisers, please contact us on 0800 269 296.