All ANZ credit and debit cards offer contactless payment technology - so paying for your everyday purchases is quick, secure and convenient.
Pay for purchases using contactless - simply tap your card on the contactless terminal when instructed. You can pay using your ANZ Visa Debit or personal ANZ Visa Credit cards and using your:
- compatible iPhone or Apple Watch with Apple Pay*
- compatible Android phone with ANZ goMoney Wallet**
For purchases over NZ$80 you will need to enter your PIN.
Make contactless payments at thousands of locations worldwide
You can use your ANZ credit or debit card to make
contactless payments at thousands of contactless terminals around the world - just look out for the Contactless symbol,
and the MasterCard PayPass or Visa Paywave symbol.
Safe and secure
Contactless payments use the same secure, reliable payment network as chip card transactions made with your ANZ credit and debit cards. Your information is kept safe using leading-edge security features and you’re protected against fraudulent transactions by ANZ’s Zero Liability Protection#.
Safety and security
You can make contactless payments with ANZ credit or debit cards with confidence:
- Your information is encrypted before it’s sent from your card or phone to the contactless terminal, to ensure it can’t be obtained by an unauthorised card reader
- You can’t ‘accidentally’ make a payment just by walking past a contactless terminal or have payment taken twice – your card or phone has to be held close to the terminal for longer than half a second, the retailer must enter the amount first, and each transaction has to be complete before another can be made
- Your card or phone never leaves your hand, so you’re always in control
- Larger purchases (over NZD80) still require a PIN
- Our sophisticated fraud monitoring system monitors your accounts and if it identifies unusual activity, we’ll block your card and contact you to make sure it’s really you making the transaction
You’ll also be covered by MasterCard and Visa's Zero Liability# protection should fraudulent transactions occur, provided you haven’t contributed to the loss in any way and you notify us that your card has been lost or stolen within a reasonable time.
Frequently asked questions
* Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, Apple Watch and Apple Pay are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Terms and Conditions apply for Apple Pay. See anz.co.nz/ApplePay for more information.
**ANZ goMoney Wallet eligibility criteria and terms and conditions apply. ANZ goMoney Wallet is available for use on selected Android phones. See anz.co.nz/goMoneyWallet for more information.
# Conditions and exceptions apply. For further details, see Visa Zero Liability and the ANZ Credit Card Conditions of Use.