Why get your home loan pre-approved?
Buying a home is much easier when you have your home loan conditionally pre-approved. With a home loan pre-approval you have a good indication of how much you will be able to borrow from us. It means you can save time and avoid disappointment by looking at homes that are in your price range. Having your home loan conditionally pre-approved also:
- shows real estate agents and vendors that you're serious about buying
- puts you in a better negotiating position as you already have your mortgage finance conditionally approved
- helps speed up the mortgage documentation process once you’ve found a home you like
- enables you to bid at house auctions – auction bids are unconditional, so you need to have your finance arranged before you bid. Make sure you've done the relevant checks and informed us about the property you are bidding on.
A home loan pre-approval is free and there’s no obligation.
For more information you can also watch this video to see one of our Mobile Mortgage Managers explain what a pre-approved mortgage is and how to get one.
If you have a conditionally pre-approved home loan, it means we have agreed that you can borrow a certain amount of money to buy a home, subject to some specific terms and conditions – for example, the type and value of the property you want to buy. Once you’ve found a home, we will confirm that it meets the conditions, and then unconditionally approve your loan.
You’ll get an ANZ pre-approved home loan certificate which is valid for 180 days from the date of issue. That gives you plenty of time to look for a home with the security of knowing you have your mortgage finance conditionally approved. We’ll even help you look with a great offer on Quotable Value reports.
Another benefit of getting your ANZ home loan pre-approved is that we’ll give you two free eValuer reports from Quotable Value. An eValuer report gives you an instant automated estimate of a property’s market value, plus recent comparable property sales in the area. With an eValuer report you can make an informed assessment of how much a home may be worth.
Applying for a home loan pre-approval is the same as our usual home loan application process. You’ll need to be able to show:
- what you earn (usually through a recent pay slip or letter from your employer)
- what you own (e.g. savings, investments, vehicles, other important assets)
- what you owe (e.g. credit cards, hire purchases, other loans)
- valid proof of identification. Examples of acceptable forms of identification can be found at anz.co.nz/ID or in any ANZ branch.
It also helps to:
- be able to show a savings history or a copy of a budget – to show you can manage your finances well
- have an idea of how much you want to borrow – check out our home loan calculators to get an estimate.
For more information or to apply for an ANZ Home Loan:
Contact an ANZ Mobile Mortgage Manager
Call 0800 ANZ HOME (0800 269 4663)
Visit your nearest ANZ branch
For the ANZ First Home package, you need an ANZ everyday account with your salary, wages or business income direct credited and an ANZ Serious Saver account. ANZ lending criteria, terms and conditions and fees apply to all loans.
A copy of the Reserve Bank Disclosure Statement published by ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited may be obtained on request from any ANZ branch.
This material is for information purposes only. Its content is intended to be of a general nature, does not take into account your financial situation or goals, and is not a personalised financial adviser service under the Financial Advisers Act 2008. It is recommended you seek advice from a financial adviser which takes into account your individual circumstances before you acquire a financial product. If you wish to consult one of ANZ's financial advisers, please contact us on 0800 269 296.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.