When the fixed-rate period on your home loan ends
The end of your Fixed Rate Home Loan period is a great time to review your options. ANZ can help you find the best solution to fit your needs.
What are the options?
- If you like having certainty over your repayments, you can take out an ANZ Fixed Rate Home Loan (and if you’re worried that interest rates might go up in the meantime, you can reserve a current rate for up to 60 days before your existing fixed-rate period ends).
- If you want to spread your interest rate risk, you can split your loan into two or more fixed rate periods.
- If you want more flexibility to make extra repayments and pay off your loan faster, you can change all or part of your loan to an ANZ Floating Rate Home Loan.
- If you want to make a lump sum payment on your loan to help you get mortgage-free faster, you can do so when your current fixed rate period ends without incurring any early repayment costs.
- If you want to borrow money for something else, such as renovating, you can apply for a home loan top-up.
What if you don't do anything?
If we don’t hear from you before your fixed-rate period ends, you’ll automatically switch to a Floating Rate Home Loan. Remember, with a Floating Rate Home Loan you can change your loan structure at any time in the future. Just contact us and we’ll help you structure your loan to fit your needs.
Lending criteria, terms, conditions and fees apply.
This material is for information purposes only. Its content is intended to be of a general nature, does not take into account your financial situation or goals, and is not a personalised financial adviser service under the Financial Advisers Act 2008. It is recommended you seek advice from a financial adviser which takes into account your individual circumstances before you acquire a financial product. If you would like to speak to an ANZ Authorised Financial Adviser, please call 0800 269 296.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.