Simplicity and convenience
The ANZ KiwiSaver Scheme has been designed as a simple and convenient retirement savings option for employers and employees alike.
Your employees have a raft of KiwiSaver schemes to choose from. A preferred provider KiwiSaver scheme could be the most convenient option for you and your employees.
Administering KiwiSaver is easier with streamlined processes, clear information and online and phone support via dedicated ANZ Customer Service consultants.
With so many KiwiSaver schemes available (including six default KiwiSaver schemes), encouraging participation in a single KiwiSaver scheme could help make KiwiSaver in your workplace simpler.
Choosing the ANZ KiwiSaver Scheme as your preferred provider scheme is simple. Just follow these easy steps:
- Call an ANZ Relationship Manager on 0800 500 648 and request an ‘Employer Information Pack’.
- Read and sign the ANZ KiwiSaver Scheme Preferred Provider Agreement form (PDF 180 kB).
- Return the form in the Freepost envelope provided.
OnePath will instruct Inland Revenue that the ANZ KiwiSaver Scheme is your preferred provider scheme.
You’ll be sent ANZ KiwiSaver Scheme start-up packs (which include the ANZ KiwiSaver Scheme Investment Statement) for you to distribute to your staff or as new staff start employment with you.
What do you have to do as an employer?
- Within seven days of a new employee* starting work, provide them with a KiwiSaver information pack (supplied by Inland Revenue). If you have selected a preferred provider scheme such as the ANZ KiwiSaver Scheme, you will also need to provide:
- an Investment Statement for your preferred provider scheme
- a statement advising employees that they will be allocated to your preferred provider scheme if they do not choose their own KiwiSaver scheme.
- Act on any opt-in requests, by providing information packs (and Investment Statements if appropriate) to employees within seven days of them giving you a KiwiSaver deduction notice.Send all member details to Inland Revenue. If you choose the ANZ KiwiSaver Scheme, we will provide the information packs to you.
- Deduct KiwiSaver contributions from each member’s pay and forward these to Inland Revenue once a fortnight or month via PAYE.
- Forward any opt-out requests to Inland Revenue, and refund any contributions deducted but not yet forwarded to Inland Revenue to any employee who opts out.
- Act on any contributions holiday notices.
Employers are generally required to contribute 3% (2% until 31 March 2013) of an employee’s gross salary or wages if the employee is contributing to the ANZ KiwiSaver Scheme from his or her salary or wages. This may change in the future if legislation changes.
For more information, see FAQs for employers.
* Some exceptions apply, such as for employees who are already KiwiSaver members, or are employed by an exempt employer, or are under 18 or over 65.
Certain aspects of all KiwiSaver schemes, such as minimum contribution levels, the Government incentives and the circumstances in which benefits may be withdrawn, are prescribed in KiwiSaver legislation. The legislation may be amended from time to time by the Government and any such amendment may impact on the ANZ KiwiSaverScheme.
Investments in the ANZ KiwiSaver Scheme are not deposits in ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited or Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (together “ANZ Group”), nor are they liabilities of ANZ Group. ANZ Group does not stand behind or guarantee OnePath (NZ) Limited. Investments are subject to investment risk, including possible delays in repayment, and loss of income and principal invested. ANZ Group will not be liable to you for the capital value or performance of your investment.
This document is for information purposes only. Its content is intended to be of a general nature, does not take into account your financial situation or goals, and is not a personalised financial adviser service under the Financial Advisers Act 2008. It is recommended you seek advice from a financial adviser which takes into account your individual circumstances before you acquire a financial product. If you wish to consult one of ANZ’s financial advisers, please contact ANZ Wealth Direct on 0800 269 238.
Further information and copies of the Investment Statement for the ANZ KiwiSaver Scheme are available on request, free of charge, from any branch of ANZ or by contacting ANZ Managed Funds on 0800 736 034.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.