Making an early withdrawal through significant financial hardship
If you are suffering significant financial hardship, you may be able to withdraw some of your KiwiSaver savings.
Significant financial hardship may apply if you are a KiwiSaver member and can provide evidence that you're:
- unable to meet your minimum living expenses
- unable to meet the mortgage repayments on your home, resulting in your mortgage provider enforcing the mortgage on your property
- modifying your home to meet special needs because you or a dependent family member has a disability
- paying for medical treatment as a result of you or a dependent family member being:
- in need of palliative care
- incurring funeral costs if a dependent family member dies.
The Ministry of Economic Development Insolvency and Trustee Service website offers some useful resources that may assist with any financial difficulties you may be experiencing.
For more information on significant financial hardship, contact an ANZ Customer Service Consultant on 0800 736 034.
Certain aspects of all KiwiSaver schemes, such as minimum contribution levels, the Government incentives and the circumstances in which benefits may be withdrawn, are prescribed in KiwiSaver legislation. The legislation may be amended from time to time by the Government and any such amendment may impact on the ANZ KiwiSaver Scheme.
Returns will fluctuate over time and it is possible you may not receive back all the capital you invested.Past performance is not an indicator of future performance.
Investments in the ANZ KiwiSaver Scheme are not deposits in ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited or Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (together “ANZ Group”), nor are they liabilities of ANZ Group. ANZ Group does not stand behind or guarantee OnePath (NZ) Limited. Investments are subject to investment risk, including possible delays in repayment, and loss of income and principal invested. ANZ Group will not be liable to you for the capital value or performance of your investment.
Further information and copies of the Investment Statement for the ANZ KiwiSaver Scheme are available on request, free of charge, from any branch of ANZ or by contacting ANZ Managed Funds on 0800 736 034.