Got a wish list, but don't want to wait? With an ANZ Personal Loan you might be able to buy what you want - now!
How it works
You can apply to borrow any amount over $3,000 and spread your payments to suit your budget - and you don't have to be a current ANZ customer.
- Loan approval fee (new applications) $250
- Top-up fee (additional lending on existing loans) $150
- increasing your regular repayment amount
- making extra one-off repayments
- paying off your whole loan.
ANZ Personal Loan Insurance gives you the reassurance of knowing that your minimum loan payments will be covered if you:
- are made redundant
- are declared bankrupt
- are unable to work because of disability or death (maximum of $50,000 paid).
Calculate your premium and what your loan repayments may be:
ANZ Personal Loan Repayment Calculator
* Interest rates are subject to change.
** If you need less than $3,000, an ANZ credit card may suit you better.
^ Note that you may have to pay an early repayment fee.
To apply for an ANZ Personal Loan:
- you must be over 18 years old
- you must be a permanent New Zealand resident
- no more than two people can apply jointly
- you must apply for $3,000 or more. If you'd like to borrow less than this, an ANZ credit card may suit you better
- you must provide us with a copy of one payslip, dated within the last four weeks, showing year-to-date figures
- you must provide us with a copy of one payslip, dated within the last four weeks, showing your annual base income
- you must provide us with a letter from your employer on their letterhead, dated within the last four weeks, confirming your annual income and employment type (e.g. full or part time)
- if you're self-employed, you must provide us with copies of your last two years' balance sheets/annual accounts and profit and loss statements and copies of your personal tax return.
You don't need to be an existing ANZ customer to have an ANZ Personal Loan.
If you're not an ANZ customer you'll need to provide some additional information:
- one form of photo identification, like your passport, driver's licence, firearms licence, official Government photo-ID card or another bank's photo-ID card, or one form of photo identification and one form of non-photo identification photo ID OR two forms of non-photo identification, like a New Zealand Birth Certificate, Certificate of New Zealand Citizenship, credit card or debit card (only if your name is embossed on it), or immigration papers.
- verification of your address (a current bank statement, rates notice, tax assessment or power, phone or gas bill).
If your wages/salary have been deposited into an ANZ bank account in the last three months, we'll verify your income from your account information.
If not, we'll need to see one of the following:
- one payslip, dated within the last four weeks, showing year-to-date figures
- one payslip, dated within the last four weeks, showing your annual base income
- a letter from your employer on their letterhead, dated within the last four weeks, confirming your annual income and employment type (e.g. full or part time)
- if you're self-employed, copies of your last two years' balance sheets/annual accounts and profit and loss statements and copies of your personal tax return.
If you have other income (e.g. rent, dividends) please contact us to discuss what our particular requirements will be.
If you're applying online, we'll phone you when we receive your application to discuss the easiest way for you to provide the information we need above.
- your current loan balance
- your transaction history (such as payments you've made)
- interest you've paid on your loan
- your next payment - when it's due and how much you'll pay.
*ANZ lending criteria and a top-up fee may apply.
How to apply
For more information or to apply for an ANZ Personal Loan, contact an ANZ Customer Service Consultant:
ANZ lending criteria, terms, conditions and fees apply.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.