When life's busy with study and all its commitments, wouldn't it be great to know your finances are under control?
That's where the ANZ Student Package comes in. It's a great banking service designed especially for people studying at a tertiary institution or on an NZQA recognised apprenticeship scheme.
How it works
As part of the ANZ Student Package, you may be able to borrow up to $6,000 for up to five years. You also qualify for a great low student loan variable interest rate, which is lower than our standard personal loan rate.
To apply for an ANZ Student Loan you must be:
- an ANZ Student Package customer
- 18 years or older
- a permanent New Zealand resident.
If you don't meet any of these criteria, are not employed or have other income (eg rent, dividends) please contact us to discuss your particular requirements.
If you are employed and your wages/salary have been deposited into an ANZ bank account in the last three months, we'll verify your income from your account information.
If not, we'll need to see one of the following:
- one payslip, dated within the last four weeks, showing year-to-date figures
- one payslip, dated within the last four weeks, showing your annual base income
- a letter from your employer on their letterhead, dated within the last four weeks, confirming your annual income and employment type (eg full or part time)
- if you're self-employed, copies of your last two years' balance sheets/annual accounts and profit and loss statements and copies of your personal tax return.
- your current loan balance
- your transaction history (such as payments you've made)
- interest you've paid on your loan
- your next payment - when it's due and how much you'll pay.
- Loan approval fee (new applications) $250
- Top-up fee (additional lending on existing loans) $150
Loan protection insurance gives you the reassurance of knowing that your minimum loan payments will be covered if you:
- are made redundant
- are declared bankrupt
- are unable to work because of disability or death (maximum of $50,000 paid)
For help working out the premium and loan repayments for your loan protection insurance:
* Interest rates are subject to change.
** Note you may have to pay an early repayment fee.
How to apply
For more information or to apply for an ANZ Student Loan, contact an ANZ Customer Service Consultant:
ANZ lending criteria, terms, conditions and fees apply.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.