These days, getting started in the farming industry can be pretty challenging. But if you’re serious about succeeding, the ANZ Farm Start-up Package can make it a little easier.
We’re committed to helping bring through the next generation of New Zealand farmers. When you register for the ANZ Farm Start-up Package, our experienced Rural Managers will work with you to help you develop a realistic plan to achieve your farming goals. And with special lending facilities and banking benefits, our ANZ Farm Start-up Package will help you get started – and build a great future in farming.
ANZ Farm Start-up Package benefits
- Lending facilities (Term Loan and/or overdraft facility) of up to $50,000 to provide access to start-up capital costs (subject to our lending criteria)
- A Business and Personal Current Account with no monthly account or transaction fees for the first 12 months
- Access to free business planning workshops to help you put together a business plan to achieve your farming goals and prepare budgets and cash flow forecasts
- The support of an experienced ANZ Rural Manager as you develop your business and financial plans
- Discounts on a range of insurance products tailored to the needs of first-time farmers
- Free 12 month subscription to farm management software Cashmanager RURAL ONLINE from CRS Software.
What do you need?
The ANZ Farm Start-up Package is designed to support people with the talent and drive to succeed in the farming industry.
You’ll typically need:
- 1-2 years relevant farming experience (coupled with a relevant university, Polytechnic or Ag ITO qualification)
- References from your current employer (or mentor), and a farm industry leader in your district
- A track record of good financial management
- A sound business proposal. As part of the ANZ Farm Start-up Package, your Rural Manager can guide you on how you can gain the business skills you need, in areas such as business planning, budgeting and financial management.
How to apply
For more information or to apply for the ANZ Farm Start-up Package,
Find a Rural specialist in your area.
6am to midnight, available 7 days a week.
Have a quick question? Enquiring online is easy.
Eligibility and lending criteria, terms, conditions and fees apply. Our Reserve Bank disclosure statement is available from any ANZ branch.