Understanding the guidelines for businesses to operate safely
The Unite Against COVID-19 website has important information on what businesses, including those that engage with customers, should consider to keep themselves and their customers safe.
Make sure you’re set up for contactless and online payments, and know how to bank from home
- Contactless payments now easier. Customers can now make contactless payments without a PIN for transactions up to $200. This is to help reduce the need to come into contact with frequently touched surfaces—.
- Self-service options for online payments through ANZ Internet Banking, ANZ goMoney, or ANZ Direct Online.
- Deposit cash at Smart ATMs or using our Fast Deposit Bags at our 24/7 secure drop boxes.
Consider changing your business model to comply with COVID-19 traffic light system guidelines
- Business plan template. A useful planning tool might be our free editable PDF that includes frameworks like SWOT analysis, risk assessment and more.
- Seek advice from an expert. Talk to an accountant or financial advisor to find out if you could make changes to your current business practices, if required.
Consider financial support available to help with cash flow and debt obligations
- We may be able to help with options. Eligibility and lending criteria, terms, and fees may apply.
- The Government's relief package is also outlined on the Government's COVID-19 site.
Consider what tax relief may be available to you
The Government has put in place, and proposed, several tax initiatives that may help businesses through COVID-19. The tax measures aim to help with immediate tax compliance and cash flow.
If you employ people, get up to speed with your responsibilities to staff through COVID-19
There’s useful information for employers about the Government Leave Support Scheme and employees’ leave entitlements at employment.govt.nz.
Consider the free available tools and resources that might help you get back up and running
Business calculators: Now might be a good time to review and adjust your cash flow, budgets, and capital expenditure.
Free access to MYOB Accounting software for 12 months—: If you don’t currently use an accounting software and aren’t a current MYOB customer.
6-months’ free access to Smartly—: If you make payroll payments from an ANZ account, and don’t currently use Smartly, this might be a useful tool to manage your payroll obligations.
35-day free access plus a 15% discount on Expensify—: If you have an ANZ credit card and don’t currently use Expensify, Expensify might be a useful solution to reconcile your credit card expenses to help track your business spending.