Creating an effective business plan
What is a business plan, and do you really need one? Learn about how to create a simple, yet effective business plan to help get your business going in the right direction from the start. Watch the video to learn about:
- How to use our handy business planning template
- Tips to write your business plan
- How SMART objectives will help you keep on track – with goals that are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-framed
- How to conduct a SWOT analysis of your business – looking at your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- The importance of thinking about your target customers and your marketing strategy
- Bringing it all together with your executive summary.
The importance of cash flow
Cash flow is the lifeblood of every business - whether you’re contracting, self-employed or running a successful small business. In this video you’ll learn about:
- Why cash flow is king
- Why a cash flow forecast is important
- How to set up your cash flow forecast using our ANZ cash flow forecast calculator
- How to forecast sales and outgoings
- Tips to improve your cash flow.
How to prepare your financial statements
Financial planning can be daunting, but the more you do it, the easier it gets. This video will help you get familiar with some of the key elements that you need for preparing financial statements. Watch to learn about:
- The importance of understanding the two main financial statements for your business: the Balance Sheet and the Profit and Loss Statement
- How to calculate some of the key finance ratios for your business: profitability ratios, business efficiency ratios, business liquidity ratios and working capital ratio.
How to improve your business leadership
As a business owner, you might have gone into business because you are passionate about the industry, but you’ll need to become a leader too. This video can help you start thinking about the skills you need to be successful in this role. In it you’ll learn how to:
- Lead with a growth mindset
- Motivate your team
- Use the skill/will matrix
- Coach and motivate your staff
- Prioritise and protect your time.
This material is provided as a complimentary service of ANZ. It is prepared based on information and sources ANZ believes to be reliable. Its content is for information only, is subject to change and is not a substitute for commercial judgement or professional advice, which should be sought prior to acting in reliance on it. Some of the materials and services in the videos, are arranged by third parties. ANZ does not warrant the content of such materials or resources, the quality of such services or suitability for your particular circumstance. To the extent permitted by law ANZ disclaims liability or responsibility to any person for any direct or indirect loss or damage that may result from any act or omissions by any person in relation to the material.
Please talk to us if you need financial advice about a product or service. See our financial advice provider disclosure at anz.co.nz/fapdisclosure