Legal essentials: Terms of trade, employment laws, and branding protection
Our guest speaker, Jonathan Norman from Sainsbury Logan & Williams law firm, provides some great legal tips for small to medium business owners. Watch to find out about:
- Getting your legal advice up front
- Benefits of having limited liability protection
- Terms of trade and payment terms
- Employment laws in New Zealand
- The importance of intellectual property and brands.
Staff training and development for staff retention
Andrea Stevenson, Director of Human Resources at Baker Tilly Staples Rodway, shares her top tips. She talks about :
- Her top staff retention tips
- How to onboard new staff
- How to use the skill/will matrix to grow your staff
- Coaching vs mentoring.
Deliver extraordinary customer experiences
What’s the secret to improving your customer experience in your business? In this workshop, Jacqui Hartley-Smith from Positive Solutions Ltd shares a range of tools and tips to help you deliver the best customer experiences:
- The importance of collaboration, connection and communication
- Think about all your business ‘front doors’
- Reframe your mindset
- Finding and cultivating your WOW factor.
Disaster recovery: Planning for the unplannable
Creating a disaster recovery plan (DRP) before it’s required is crucial to retaining business continuity immediately after an unexpected disaster, and recovering faster in the months that follow.
Peter Murphy, Gallagher (formerly Crombie Lockwood)’s Senior Business Development Manager, talked through:
- The importance of disaster recovery plans for businesses of all sizes
- Ways to ensure employees’ wellbeing and the business’s ability to continue to function after a natural disaster.
Legal utensils and essentials
The team at law firm Duncan Cotterill covered the legalities of running a small to medium business, including:
- Immigration with Nicky Robertson
- Fair Trading Act with Nick Crang
- Competition, focusing on social media, with David Briscoe
- Employment and health and safety matters with Kirsty Wallace
- Franchising and scaling up with Hamish Walker.
Working with media and influencers
Bastion Amplify works with many of Australasia’s most loved brands to develop PR, social media, content, and influencer strategies that drive impact. GM Joanna James shared insights and advice on how to work with media and influencers, as well as tips on generating more engagement through your social media activity.
Dylan Fraser-List, Content Creator at Bastion Shine, covered the start-to-finish process of creating content for your food and beverage business.
Digital marketing basics
Navigating the ever-changing digital marketing landscape can be challenging. In this workshop, Jayden Szekely, Web and Performance Strategist at Bastion Digital, revealed:
- Key growth-focused digital marketing ingredients
- The perfect balance between customer acquisition and retention.
Rise of the climate conscious consumer
Steve Dixon, Environmental, Social, and Governance Specialist at ANZ, explored:
- The murky world of sustainability
- Future trends we’re seeing with conscious consumerism, especially in the real threat of the climate crisis.
This material is provided as a complimentary service of ANZ. It's prepared based on information and sources ANZ believes to be reliable. Its content is for information only, is subject to change and is not a substitute for commercial judgement or professional advice, which should be sought prior to acting in reliance on it. Some of the materials and services in the webinars, are arranged by third parties. ANZ does not warrant the content of such materials or resources, the quality of such services or suitability for your particular circumstance. To the extent permitted by law. ANZ disclaims liability or responsibility to any person for any direct or indirect loss or damage that may result from any act or omissions by any person in relation to the material.
This material is for information purposes only. We recommend seeking financial advice about your situation and goals before getting a financial product. To talk to one of our team at ANZ, please call 0800 269 296, or for more information about ANZ’s financial advice service or to view our financial advice provider disclosure statement see anz.co.nz/fapdisclosure