Join the hard-working ANZ KiwiSaver Scheme.
- Keep a budget, review it regularly and if you can, always include an amount to put aside for regular savings (see our guide ‘Setting a budget’ for more information).
- Don’t spend more than you earn, and only borrow what you can realistically afford to pay.
- Take a long-term view of your finances, including planning for your retirement.
- Keep a record of all your major financial transactions – and remember when you bank with ANZ you can setup ANZ Internet Bankingdisclaimer or use the ANZ goMoneydisclaimer mobile app to view transactions to/from your ANZ accounts.
- Life can be uncertain, so consider protecting your financial wellbeing with insurance to cover your belongings, your income and your health if anything unexpected happens.
- Learn about investing and your investment opportunities. Be wary of investments offering high returns with little or no risk. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
- Shop around to find the financial services that best suit you (especially those with low or no fees).
- Get professional financial advice for important things like buying a house, planning for your retirement and managing investments.
- Make saving and investing your financial priorities – they are the keys to achieving your short-term goals and your long-term financial security.
- Educate yourself. Take the time to teach yourself more about finance and how money works - don’t be embarrassed to talk about money with people you trust.
This material is for information purposes only. Its content is intended to be of a general nature, does not take into account your financial situation or goals, and is not a personalised financial adviser service under the Financial Advisers Act 2008. It is recommended you seek advice from a financial adviser which takes into account your individual circumstances before you acquire a financial product. An ANZ Authorised Financial Adviser will, on request and free of charge, provide you with his or her disclosure statement prepared under the Financial Advisers Act 2008. If you wish to consult one of ANZ's financial advisers, please contact us on 0800 269 296.
Registration is required for ANZ goMoney, ANZ Internet Banking and ANZ Phone Banking. Telephone, mobile operator and internet service provider charges may apply to these services. Eligibility criteria and terms and conditions apply.Back to top