We’re seeing an increase in phone scammers contacting ANZ customers and claiming to be from well-known companies including ANZ, or pretending to be a potential buyer for goods that a customer has advertised for sale online. Scammers are defrauding customers of their money using one of two methods:
- Requesting the customer provides remote access to their computer, enabling the scammer to fraudulently obtain Internet Banking log in details and then later steal funds
- Requesting personal information from the customer, allowing the scammer to steal their identity.
If you receive a call like this hang up immediately.
- Never disclose your banking passwords, PINs, security codes or personal financial information to anyone even if they say they are from the bank or the Police
- Don't install software on your devices that you are not familiar with
- If you are not sure, hang up, and call the company on their registered phone number for verification
If you think you have been the victim of this type of scam or you have inadvertently downloaded software onto your computer, please call us immediately on 0800 269 296 (international +64 4 470 3142).