We're aware that customers are being targeted by phone scammers posing as the ANZ Fraud Team, claiming someone is attempting to hack their accounts and asking to be granted remote access to their mobile phones and computers to fix the issue. They are then instructed to isolate in their home, avoid phone calls and not to talk to anyone outside of their home.
If you receive a call like this hang up immediately.
- Never disclose your banking passwords, PINs, security codes or personal financial information to anyone even if they say they are from the bank or the Police.
- Stay vigilant when anyone contacts you out of the blue with unusual or urgent requests.
- Don't install software on your devices that you are not familiar with.
- Don't let anyone have remote access to your devices, regardless of where they say they are calling from.
- Protect your devices and accounts with strong passwords and keeping all software up to date.
If you think you have been the victim of this type of scam please call us immediately on 0800 269 296 (international +64 4 470 3142).