The ANZ Truckometer is a set of two economic indicators derived using traffic volume data from around the country. Traffic flows are a real time and real-world proxy for economic activity - particularly for the New Zealand economy, where a large proportion of freight is moved by road. It represents an extremely timely barometer of economic momentum. The ANZ Heavy Traffic Index shows a strong contemporaneous relationship to GDP, while the ANZ Light Traffic Index has a six month lead on activity as measured by GDP. Using statistical techniques we optimise the ANZ Truckometer indexes to map to quarterly GDP growth.
- Hitting the speed limits - December 2016 (PDF 172kB)
- Topping the rise? - November 2016 (PDF 164kB)
- Steady as she goes - October 2016 (PDF 168kB)
- Back on track - September 2016 (PDF 172kB)
- Detour - August 2016 (PDF 176kB)
- Fast cars - July 2016 (PDF 168kB)
- Touching the brake? - June 2016 (PDF 188kB)
- Switchback - May 2016 (PDF 192kB)
- Marching on - April 2016 (PDF 184kB)
- Back to work - March 2016 (PDF 188kB)
- Taking a breather - February 2016 (PDF 188kB)
- No holiday for truckies - January 2016 (PDF 188kB)
For archived articles or any information on how ANZ can support your business, email email@example.com.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.