We're aware that customers are being targeted by phone scammers posing as the IRD, advising they are due a refund. Customers are being asked to provide personal information such as banking logins, passcodes and driver licence details to claim the 'refund'. The fraudsters are then using this information to impersonate the customer and log into their online banking.
If you receive a call like this hang up immediately.
- Never disclose your banking passwords, PINs, security codes or personal financial information to anyone even if they say they are from the bank, IRD or the Police.
- Stay vigilant when anyone contacts you out of the blue with unusual or urgent requests.
- Don't install software on your devices that you are not familiar with.
- Don't let anyone have remote access to your devices, regardless of where they say they are calling from.
- Protect your devices and accounts with strong passwords and keeping all software up to date.
If you think you have been the victim of this type of scam please call us immediately on 0800 269 348 (international +64 4 499 4079).