We are aware that some ANZ customers have been called by fraudsters claiming to be from ANZ. Customers are asked to download software and then log-on to Internet Banking. This software may allow the fraudster to remotely access your computer and obtain log in details and then later steal funds.
If you receive a call from someone claiming to be from ANZ, ask for proof of their association with ANZ or call ANZ for verification (on a number from the ANZ website) and never provide your personal and financial details. Most importantly, do not install any software that you are not familiar with.
- We will NEVER ask you for your ANZ Internet Banking password or your goMoney PIN.
- We will NEVER ask you to download any software onto your computer
- We will NEVER ask you to grant us remote access to your computer
- If you are not sure, ask for the caller’s details and call ANZ to verify the caller
- Never give out your personal or financial details
If you receive a call from someone asking for your personal or financial details, end the call and notify the ANZ Internet Banking team on 0800 269 296 (international +64 4 470 3142) or you can report a hoax or suspicious email online.