Notice published 10 November 2023
Effective 12 December 2023, we’re introducing a new card settings feature in the ANZ goMoney mobile app, allowing you to enable and disable the following card settings on your ANZ Visa Debit or credit card, including any card set up in a Mobile Wallet.
With the new card settings feature you can turn on and off:
- Contactless purchases
- Online shopping on your ANZ Visa Debit or credit card, including shopping over the phone
- Overseas in-person purchases, where your ANZ Visa Debit or credit card is physically presented at a merchant terminal outside of New Zealand (including ATMs). Contactless purchases must also be turned on if you want to make contactless purchases overseas
- Online gambling where transactions are processed under the merchant category codes that are associated with gambling companies, such as online lotteries or gambling in apps. Exceptions apply as transactions to Government-owned lotteries may still be processed even if online gambling is disabled.
You can enable or disable a card setting in goMoney at any time. When reactivating online gambling, there’s a 48-hour delay (cooldown period) before your card can be used for online gambling. After the cooldown period has expired, you can use your card or Mobile Wallet for transactions that are processed under the merchant category codes that are associated with gambling companies.
The card settings feature is available on all ANZ Visa Debit and credit cards, except on ANZ Visa Company and ANZ Visa Lodged Purchasing cards.
We’re also clarifying that when we send you a replacement card your card details may be updated with participating merchants.
We’re updating the following documents to reflect these changes from 12 December 2023:
- ANZ EFTPOS card and ANZ Visa Debit card Conditions of Use
- ANZ Credit Card Conditions of Use
- ANZ Visa Corporate Card and Visa Purchasing Card Guide
- ANZ Visa Business Credit Card Guide
Please see these documents for the full terms and conditions that apply to card settings.
We’re also removing the credit card interest rate from the ANZ Visa Corporate Card and Visa Purchasing Card Guide and ANZ Visa Business Credit Card Guide as our up-to-date interest rates can be found on Credit card rates, fees and agreements.
Eligibility criteria and terms and conditions apply to ANZ goMoney. For more information, see ANZ Electronic Banking Conditions (PDF 147.5KB).