When the work is complete, make sure that:
- You’ve arranged house insurance prior to the final completion of your build. It’s also a good time to talk to your ANZ Construction Coach if you haven’t already about protecting your lifestyle and income.
- A final building inspection is completed by your builder.
- Your Code Compliance Certificate is applied for. This will confirm the property is built according to the Standard Building Code and help you to avoid any insurance or resale problems down the road.
- Council inspections and consents are completed if required.
- The builder leaves the site tidy and that you have copies of all user manuals, guarantees and warranties for work associated with the house.
What we’ll need from you:
- Before your final drawdown we’ll require a final valuation, including the valuer’s completion certificate to confirm the project has been completed.
- Code Compliance Certificate.
- Confirmation the house is fully insured with ANZ’s interest as the mortgage provider noted on the policy (your solicitor will also need a copy of this).