Know your buying power
Your Construction Coach can help you understand your financial position and borrowing capacity.
Consider the costs
Your Construction Coach can help you assess the costs of building/renovating and help you set your budget. For more helpful budgeting tools visit sorted.org.nz.
Building and owning a home
Building costs – one off
- Architect or draftsman.
- Project management, builders, trades people, quantity surveyor (QS) and engineers.
- Solicitor fees.
- LIM reports and council documents.
- Resource and building consent.
- Contract works insurance.
- Moving costs (potential rent costs during a large renovation).
- Utility setup and reconnecting services.
- Project/cost overruns.
Owning costs – ongoing
- Home loan repayments.
- Council rates.
- Insurance – Home and Contents.
- Utilities and maintenance.
- Body Corporate fees (if applicable).
ANZ Blueprint to build package for new build homes
If you’re building or buying a new build, you could get discounted home loan interest rates and save on fees for up to two years with our Blueprint to build package. To get ANZ Blueprint to build benefits on accounts, products, and services you have with us, here are the eligibility criteria you must continue to meet:
- Be registered for the banking package with us.
- Have an ANZ Home Loan to build a new home or purchase on a turnkey property which is first drawn down on or after 10 July 2023 (not available on renovations, vacant land purchases, commercial property or for property developers).
- Have your full salary or wages credited to an ANZ personal banking account.
The package starts from your registration date and any benefits will stop two years after that date. You can register a New Zealand family trust if you’re a non-independent trustee or a ‘look through company’ if you’re a director of that entity.
ANZ Healthy Home Loan package for building and renovating
With an ANZ Healthy Home Loan Package, you’ll find building or renovating a home to 6 Homestar rating or higher a little more affordable, with special discounts on home loan interest rates and other great benefits.
ANZ lending criteria, eligibility, terms, conditions, fees and exclusions apply. Details are subject to change. Read more about our Rates, fees and agreements. Discounts and benefits aren’t available in conjunction with other package discounts or Home Loan offers.
See ANZ General Terms and Conditions (PDF 221.3KB) or ask for a copy at any ANZ branch, free of charge.
This material is for information purposes only. We recommend seeking financial advice about your situation and goals before getting a financial product. To talk to one of our team at ANZ, please call 0800 269 296, or for more information about ANZ’s financial advice service or to view our financial advice provider disclosure statement see anz.co.nz/fapdisclosure