An ANZ Visa Debit card is like an EFTPOS card, only better.
- Use it anywhere Visa is accepted (online, over the phone, overseas and in stores), using money from your everyday or savings account.
- Design your own card with MyPhoto card.
- Access to exclusive offers and experiences with Visa Entertainment.
- All Visa Debit cards also have a chip to keep your card details more secure from fraud and theft.
- Visa’s Zero Liability** protection means you won’t be liable for unauthorised transactions; provided you haven’t contributed to the loss in any way or fail to notify us that your card has been lost or stolen within a reasonable time.
Enjoy the convenience of contactless and mobile payments – simply tap your Visa Debit card on a contactless terminal, or add your card to Apple Pay+ or goMoney Wallet++ on your compatible device and use it anywhere you can tap and pay.
- If the shop doesn’t have a contactless terminal you can insert or swipe your card and select CHQ or SAV as you usually would. You can also choose to use this option even if there is a contactless terminal available.
- For contactless transactions under NZ$80 simply tap your card or device on the contactless terminal, no PIN is required.
- Contactless transactions over NZ$80 will require you to enter your card PIN.
- Transaction limits and rules may differ overseas.
- Even without having to sign or enter a PIN, contactless transactions are still as secure as all other payment methods using your ANZ credit and debit cards. That’s because it uses secure encryption technology and the same, reliable payment network as regular card transactions – making it just as secure. In addition:
- you’re in control – your card or device never leaves your hand to make a payment
- there are no accidental payments – your card must be extremely close to the reader at checkout to work
- you will not be billed twice - even if you tap more than once at the checkout, you’ll only get billed once for your purchase.
Contactless and ANZ goMoney Wallet
- ANZ goMoney Wallet allows you to pay for everyday items wherever contactless payments are accepted, by simply tapping and paying with a compatible Android phone. ANZ goMoney Wallet eligibility criteria applies. Find out more
Daily withdrawal limits
- Daily card withdrawal limit of up to NZ$2,000 from ATMs and up to NZ$5,000 for EFTPOS, internet, phone or mail transactions in New Zealand.
- Other transaction limits may apply for overseas transactions.
To apply for an ANZ Visa Debit card you must have an eligible ANZ everyday or savings account and be at least 16 years of age.
How to apply
For more information or to apply for an ANZ Visa Debit card:
Keep your money running smoothly by opening an account online today
You can now get an ANZ Visa Debit card instantly at any ANZ – find your nearest ANZ branch.
*Fees are subject to change. Non-Standard Fees may apply, including non-ANZ ATM fees and currency conversion fees for overseas transactions. Please use the following links for full details of our Terms & Conditions and Fees & Charges.
**For further details, see Visa Zero Liability
^Must be 16 years or over to apply for an ANZ Debit card.
+ Terms and conditions apply to Apple Pay, see our Apple Pay website for more information. Apple Pay is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S and other countries.
++ Android™ and Google Play are registered trademarks of Google Inc. ANZ goMoney Wallet eligibility criteria, terms and conditions apply. ANZ goMoney Wallet is available on selected Android smartphones. See our goMoney Wallet website for more information.
A copy of our Reserve Bank Disclosure Statement is available on this website or on request from any ANZ branch, free of charge. This material is for information purposes only. Its content is intended to be of a general nature, does not take into account your financial situation or goals, and is not a personalised financial adviser service under the Financial Advisers Act 2008. It is recommended you seek advice from a financial adviser which takes into account your individual circumstances before you acquire a financial product. If you wish to consult one of ANZ's financial advisers, please contact us on 0800 269 296