An ANZ Visa Debit card is like an EFTPOS card, only better as you can use it anywhere Visa is accepted (online, over the phone, overseas and in stores) using money from your everyday or savings account.
All ANZ Visa Debit cards have ANZ Contactless payment technology - the faster, simpler way to pay for small purchases under NZD$80. Simply wave or tap your card on the contactless terminal, no PIN is required.
If the shop doesn’t have a contactless terminal you can insert or swipe your card as you usually would.
ANZ Visa Debit cards also have a chip to keep your card details more secure from fraud and theft.
- ANZ Contactless payment technology enables customers to make contactless transactions anywhere you see a contactless terminal.
- For contactless transactions under NZD$80 simply tap or wave your card on the contactless terminal, no PIN is required.
- Contactless transactions over NZD$80 will require you to enter your PIN.
- If the shop doesn’t have a contactless terminal you can insert or swipe your card and select CHQ or SAV as you usually would. You can also choose to use this option even if there is a contactless terminal available.
- Transaction limits and rules may differ overseas.
- Daily card withdrawal limit of up to NZD$2,000 from ATMs and up to NZD$5,000 for EFTPOS, internet, phone or mail transactions in New Zealand.
- Higher transaction limits may apply for overseas transactions.
Rates and fees
No charge when linked to an ANZ Freedom account.
No additional charge
Fees displayed are subject to change.
Courier service fee
Courier service fee
Optional Service Fees
(Applies to each cash advance made at ASB, BNZ, HSBC, TSB, Kiwibank and Westpac ATMs in addition to normal transactions fees).
2.5% of the NZD amount
(Applies to foreign currency transactions).
- Design your own ANZ MyPhoto card
- Access to Visa Entertainment.
How to apply
For more information or to apply for an ANZ Visa Debit card:
For existing ANZ customers
If you’re new to ANZ
*Must be 16 years or over to apply for an ANZ Visa Debit card.
A copy of our Reserve Bank Disclosure Statement is available on this website or on request from any ANZ branch, free of charge. This material is for information purposes only. Its content is intended to be of a general nature, does not take into account your financial situation or goals, and is not a personalised financial adviser service under the Financial Advisers Act 2008. It is recommended you seek advice from a financial adviser which takes into account your individual circumstances before you acquire a financial product. If you wish to consult one of ANZ's financial advisers, please contact us on 0800 269 296.