Applying for an ANZ Personal Loan is fast and easy. You can apply online, over the phone or at any ANZ branch – and you don't need to be an existing ANZ customer.
What do I need to be eligible for an ANZ Personal Loan?
- You must be over 18 years old.
- You must be a permanent New Zealand resident.
- No more than two people can apply jointly.
- You must apply for $3,000 or more. If you'd like to borrow less than this, a credit card such as an ANZ Low Rate MasterCard may suit you better.
What information will I need to provide?
- Confirmation of income.
- Personal details.
- Details of your financial situation including your debts, expenses, assets and liabilities.
How do I confirm my income?
If your salary/wages have been deposited into an ANZ bank account in the last three months, we will be able to verify your income from your account information. If not, we’ll need to see one of the following:
- a payslip, dated within the last four weeks, showing year-to-date income figures
- a payslip, dated within the last four weeks, showing your annual base income
- a letter from your employer on their letterhead, dated within the last four weeks, confirming your annual income and employment type (e.g. full or part time)
- if you're self-employed, copies of your last two years' balance sheets/annual accounts and profit and loss statements and copies of your personal tax return.
If you have other income (e.g. rent, dividends) please contact us on 0800 837 123 to discuss what our particular requirements will be.
What do I need to provide if I am not an existing ANZ customer?
If you don't currently bank with ANZ, you'll need to provide:
- Valid proof of identification - see examples of acceptable forms of identification (PDF 68kB)
- Mail that has been addressed to your residential address (within the last three months).
If you're applying online, we'll phone you when we receive your application to discuss the easiest way for you to provide the information we need above.
For more information or to apply for an ANZ Personal Loan:
Get started by applying online for a personal loan today!
A Personal Banker will be in contact at a time that’s convenient for you
ANZ lending criteria, terms, conditions and fees apply.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.