Move to New Zealand and you'll find yourself in a truly multicultural, democratic country. Visitors find us friendly and open, and there is much to see, do and enjoy in our vibrant country.
We make moving your banking to New Zealand easy
Moving to a new country can be complicated and time-consuming. But at least setting up your banking can be simple, especially if you can organise it before you leave home. Set up New Zealand-based bank accounts before you leave, then you'll know your money's taken care of.
Our International Banking Services team will help make sure your bank accounts are ready for you to activate the moment you arrive and visit one of our branches. Then you'll be able to start looking for a place to live, finding work or commencing study straight away.
Open a New Zealand bank account online now
We're here to help, but if you don't need to talk to our International Banking Services team, just get started straight away. Make banking the one thing you don't need to worry about once you get here. Apply online to open an account with ANZ in New Zealand now.
We probably speak your language
Our staff speak many languages, so we're ready to help even if English is tricky for you. Our dedicated International Banking Services team understand Asian cultures and speak many Asian languages and dialects, like Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Hindi and others. We're happy to help with both personal and business banking.
Some interesting facts about New Zealand
- New Zealand ranks highly in United Nations reports on the world’s best places to live in terms of population well-being: health, education and income.
- Auckland, the largest city in New Zealand, and Wellington, the capital, both feature in the world’s most affordable places in the world to live.
- Perhaps you'd prefer the quiet of our many smaller cities or rural towns - protected parklands and marine reserves make up a third of the country. It's a dramatic clean green environment we're famous for.
- With so much outdoors there are plenty of great activities to enjoy, whether it's cricket or netball, skiing or bungy jumping, surfing or tramping. It's no wonder we're famous for our top level sports like rugby.
- New Zealand has a largely government-funded healthcare system, and many health services are free or subsidised. New Zealand’s healthcare system doesn’t require residents to have private health insurance.
- The Kiwi is the native bird of New Zealand, and people around the world recognise New Zealand as a small country with big achievements.