KiwiSaver is a way to save for your retirement – and it can also help you buy your first home.
How it works
- Contributions generally come directly from your before-tax pay to your KiwiSaver account. Your employer generally contributes as well.
- You can make your own additional contributions anytime.
- You may also receive Government contributions.
- Your money is invested for you in a wide range of assets, depending on the fund you choose.
- Your money is generally locked in until you’re 65 (you may be able to withdraw early, for example to buy your first home).