The credit card that earns Qantas Points
This card could be for you if:
- You want to earn Qantas Points on your credit card spend
- You use your credit card for all your everyday spend.
- Special offer: Get 20,000 bonus Qantas Points on a new Qantas ANZ Visa when you spend at least $1000 on eligible purchases in the first three months. Plus the annual card fee will be waived for the first year. Offer ends 31 December 2015.#
- Earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases* up to $5,000 per annum, after that 1 point per $2 spent.
- Earn 1 extra Qantas Point per $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services.**
- Earn 1 extra Qantas Point per $1 spent on Jetstar flights purchased directly from Jetstar.~
- Your Qantas Points will not expire as long as you earn or redeem points at least once every 18 months. This includes spending on your Qantas ANZ Visa.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer programme membership fee is waived.
Standard ANZ credit card features:
- Flexible payment options - pay via online or phone banking 24/7, set up an automatic or direct debit payment, pay at any ANZ ATM or visit us in branch.
- Set up regular payments (like your power bill or gym membership) from your ANZ credit card.
- Pay for purchases under NZ$80 using ANZ Contactless. Simply wave your card over any Contactless EFTPOS terminal and go. As the card never leaves your hands, it’s the quick and secure way to pay for small purchases.
(charged in full once a year)
Special offer for new applications: Annual fee will be waived for the first year.
(charged in full once a year)
With a Qantas ANZ Visa you'll earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases* up to $5,000 per annum, after that 1 point per $2 spent.
You'll also earn 1 extra Qantas Point per $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services**, and 1 extra Qantas Point per $1 spent on Jetstar flights purchased directly from Jetstar.~
To earn Qantas Points you need to be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. To join, or to check your points balance:
Call 0800 101 500.
Please note: Until your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership is linked to your Qantas ANZ Visa account we will not be able to automatically credit you with the points earned through your credit card spend. Any points that are not able to be credited to a Qantas Frequent Flyer membership account within six months of being earned will expire.
To redeem your Qantas Points call 0800 100 767 (Qantas).
If you don't currently bank with ANZ, you'll need to provide:
- Valid proof of identification - see examples of acceptable forms of identification (PDF 68kB)
- Mail that has been addressed to your residential address (within the last three months).
What's your next step?
Get started by applying online for a credit card today!
Got any questions about our credit cards? Enquiring online is easy.
Compare our credit cards with our new Compare Tool.
#ANZ lending criteria, terms, conditions and fees apply.
The 20,000 Bonus Qantas Points offer and 1 year annual fee waiver are available for all new and approved ANZ credit card customers who open a new Qantas ANZ Visa Platinum or Qantas ANZ Visa card between 5 October 2015 and 31 December 2015 and who spend at least $1000 on Eligible Purchases on this card within the first 3 months of the card being open. Transfers from existing ANZ credit cards will not be eligible for this offer. Offer is not available if you currently hold a Qantas ANZ Visa or Qantas ANZ Visa Platinum card or have closed one within the previous twelve months. Offer is only available once per customer (not available on multiple cards). If you transfer or cancel your new Qantas ANZ Visa Platinum or Qantas ANZ Visa card before redeeming or becoming eligible these bonus points you will become ineligible for this benefit. The bonus Qantas Points will be added to the customers Qantas Frequent Flyer account in the month following them reaching this criteria.
* Eligible purchases do not include cash advances, balance transfers and the purchase of cash substitutes (such as travellers cheque), gambling transactions, or business related expenditure.
** Selected Qantas products and services are the following items purchased directly from Qantas: Qantas passenger flights (with a QF flight number) Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. Excludes Qantas Holidays, Qantas branded non-airfare products and any Qantas products and services not purchased directly from Qantas.
~ Jetstar flights booked through a Jetstar website or by telephoning Jetstar customer service qualify for the extra Qantas Point per $1 spent.
Points accrue in accordance with Qantas Frequent Flyer Program Terms and Conditions. The Account Holder must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn points and notify ANZ of their Qantas frequent Flyer number. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions. Qantas Frequent Flyer points are now also referred to as Qantas Points.
Interest rates are subject to change. Lending criteria, terms, conditions and fees apply. See Terms and Conditions for more information.
This material is for information purposes only. Its content is intended to be of a general nature, does not take into account your financial situation or goals, and is not a personalised financial adviser service under the Financial Advisers Act 2008. It is recommended you seek advice from a financial adviser which takes into account your individual circumstances before you acquire a financial product. If you wish to consult one of ANZ's financial advisers, please contact us on 0800 269 296.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.