Don't let anyone else know your PIN - including family, friends, bank staff, or police. We will never ask you for your PIN.
- Take care when entering your PIN at an ATM or EFTPOS terminal - don’t let anyone see it.
- Memorise your PIN. Don't write it down anywhere - especially on or near your card.
- Choose a PIN that won't be easily identified.
- Don't use your birth date or phone number or PIN that has an easy combination, such as 0000 or 1234.
- Don't use a PIN that you use for other purposes (e.g. your mobile phone PIN).